Controls & Automation
£40,000 to £50,000 Per Annum
Bonus, Car Allowance or Company Vehicle
Automation & Controls Engineer
Join a rapidly growing business that specialises in the supply of process engineering solutions to the Food and Pharmaceutical manufacturing industries.
The company is on target to double its turnover over the next two years and to support continued expansion, they are recruiting for a new Automation & Controls Engineer.
To be suitable for this position, your core skills will cover PLC, HMI, SCADA, Programming, Fault Diagnostics and Electrical Engineering.
This will be a customer-facing role with frequent travel to sites throughout the UK.
Typical duties will include:
- Programming of Automation and Controls Systems
- Diagnosing issues on PLC, HMI & SCADA systems
- Carry out on-Site Commissioning
- Testing and commissioning of PLC and SCADA software
- Delivering reactive, planned and on-call controls support
- Diagnosing low voltage faults on equipment
- Training customer operators on the use of machinery
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Good knowledge of Rockwell (Allen Bradley) and/or Siemens PLC’s
- Experience in the setting up, commissioning and fault-finding of Control Systems
- The ability to write and modify PLC and HMI programmes
- The ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Salary & Benefits:
- Basic salary between £40,000 to £50,000 pa (salary level depends on experience)
- Bonus Scheme
- Car Allowance or Company Vehicle
- 25 Days holiday + Banks Holidays