Sales Engineers, Sales Managers
Business Development Manager
This Business Development Manager position is focused on selling Process Plant & Equipment to the Food & Beverage Manufacturing Industry.
You will be joining a small engineering business, that is about to embark on a period of significant growth, with meaningful investments being made in the development of a new product range and the expansion of their team.
The business offers a comprehensive range of engineering services and can support their customers with small projects through to full turnkey solutions, encompassing CIP Systems, Cooking Kettles, Holding Tanks, Process Pipework etc.
As Business Development Manager, you will take full responsibility for developing an effective sales and marketing strategy that will drive profitable growth.
You can be home-based for this role (anywhere in the UK), but you must be flexible to travel throughout the UK & Ireland to meet with customers.
Typical duties will include:
- Actively selling equipment and project delivery services to the Food & Beverage Industry.
- Promoting new products to customers.
- Developing existing customer relationships.
- Generating new leads/customers.
- Negotiating prices and contracts with customers.
- Writing business proposals, quotations, and presentations
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs.
- Improving systems and procedures for the sales function.
- CRM/Sales pipeline management.
- Preparing accurate sales forecasts.
- Maintaining good knowledge of competitor activity.
Suitable applicants will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Customer-focused with the ability to build lasting business relationships.
- A demonstrable track record of technical sales.
- Good knowledge of Process Equipment for the Food & Beverage Industry.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Company Car/Car Allowance
- Company Pension
- Fantastic career development opportunities.