Process Engineering, Engineering Planning
£300 to £400 Per Annum
Work From Home / Bedford
Compliance Engineer (Interim)
Work From Home 3 Days – Site Based 2 Days (Midlands)
A pioneering start-up is in the advanced stages of launching an innovative product for the Food, Beverage and Dairy sector that will improve production efficiencies. With beta testing scheduled with world class Food and Drink businesses, a Compliance Engineer is now required to assist the business in achieving regulatory compliance, including the attainment of CE and UKCA Markings.
In undertaking the task of gaining regulatory approval for the EMEA and Americas market, the individual appointed will be supported by a team of experienced industry professionals and will use their pre-existing knowledge to guide the business through the regulatory landscape.
The job holder will complete the following tasks:
- Develop relationships with relevant regulatory agencies, industry bodies, test and certification sub-contractors, ensuring all product documentation is communicated as appropriate.
- Lead and coordinate the planning, preparation and interpretation of relevant documentation required for product compliance and applications.
- Navigate regulatory hurdles and provide advice and recommendations on compliance complexities and technical documentation.
- Identify the requirements for the CE Directive, identify the route to conformity, assess the products conformity, compile the technical documentation and declaration of conformity.
- Ensure that documentation produced for EU, CE and UKCA markings conforms to the required standards
- Experienced in managing the Certification of new products taking ‘blue sky’ products through the Validation and Accreditation process (EU, CE, UKCA, USA) within Food & Drink.
- Experienced in navigating Product Compliance and Regulatory matters within EMEA and Americas region. Understanding of EU, US and other Regulatory Pre-Market Submissions.
- Experienced in Machinery, CE compliance and hygienic systems (EHEDG) and the filing of CE marking submissions within Food & Drink machinery / systems.
- An excellent understanding of Machine Directives, with good Electro-Mechanical knowledge and a passion for machinery.
- Knowledge of Food & Drink industry unit operations such as Heat Exchangers and Pressure Sensors for Hygienic use.
- Knowledge of HACCP and Hygienic Engineering (EHEDG or 3A).
- Ability to work at pace combined with a high sense of responsibility and accountability to achieve Compliance.
This is an Interim Assignment expected to last for approximately 6 months.
The Day Rate is Negotiable.
The Working Week includes 3 days Working From Home and 2 days spent at Bedford for which Hotel expenses will be provided.
Immediate Start. Ref: 3330