Controls & Automation
£35,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
Control Systems Engineer
From small projects to full turnkey solutions, this business provides specialist engineering support and project delivery solutions to the Food & Drink Manufacturing Industry.
The company has grown significantly over the past 5-years, and they are continuing this success with meaningful investments across a new product range and the introduction of several key positions, including the expansion of their Controls and Software Department.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Control Systems Engineer to join a dynamic team of engineers with an excellent reputation across the Industry.
About the Role:
- PLC Software Design, Programming & Testing.
- The development and upgrade of HMI applications.
- Configuring SCADA pages.
- Onsite installation, testing and Commissioning.
- Providing ongoing support to ensure Control Systems and Instrumentation continue performing to the highest standards.
- Responding to customers queries and resolving issues via remote access.
- Preparing written technical documentation and equipment support manuals.
- Ensure control panels are built to the required specifications.
- Factory testing of control systems prior to sending to site.
- Supporting system integration on customers manufacturing floor.
About the Person:
- A hands-on engineer with at least 2 years of experience within a relevant controls and software engineering background.
- Must be competent writing Control Software programs from scratch.
- Experienced programming a variety of PLC platforms (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Omron & Mitsubishi).
- Strong HMI Programming and SCADA configuration skills.
- Good working knowledge & integration of servo motors & drives.
- Good knowledge of Electrical Wiring Regulations and the ability to generate Control System Wiring Change Drawings.
- Willing to work away for short periods, approximately 2 nights per week.
Salary & Benefits:
- £35,000 - £45,000 pa base salary (dependant on experience).
- Bonus Scheme
- Company Pension
- Working Away Allowances
- 21 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays