Controls & Automation
£35,000 to £42,000 Per Annum
£35K - £42K pa + Overtime & On-Site Allowances
Control Systems Software Engineer
Join one of the UK’s leading suppliers of Process Equipment to the FMCG Manufacturing Industry.
Due to expansion, this reputable engineering firm is recruiting for 2 x Control Systems Software Engineers.
Typical duties will include:
- Design and develop PLC/HMI Control software
- Writing software code from scratch and making modifications to existing programs.
- On-Site Commissioning
- In-House Testing of Electrical Control Panels.
- Preparing FDS & FAT Documentation
- Specifying controls hardware requirements
- Providing remote technical assistance.
- Delivering operator training
- 70% Office-Based
- 30% On-Site Work
- Site visits can anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of weeks.
Suitable applications will hold the following skills and experience:
- Ideally, qualified to HNC/Degree level in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Familiarisation with a range of PLC platforms such as Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley and/or Siemens.
- Experience of installing and commissioning control systems for production/process equipment.
- Ability to develop and produce software to functional specifications
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings
- Strong commissioning experience
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
Salary & Benefits:
- Basic salary between £35,000 - £42,000 pa (dependent on experience)
- Paid Overtime
- On-Site Allowances
- Company Pension
- Life Insurance