Design Engineers, Controls & Automation
Controls Software & Electrical Design Engineer
A specialist supplier of industrial machinery (Capital Equipment) seeks an experienced Controls Software & Electrical Design Engineer.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business with an excellent reputation in their industry and that is about to embark on a new era of growth and investment.
The role offers a competitive basic salary which is based on your level of skills and experience, plus additional company benefits and allowances.
Typical duties will include:
- Writing control software from scratch and modifying legacy programmes
- Programming PLC & HMI systems
- Designing machine control hardware
- Producing Functional Design Specification (FDS) and Control Wiring Diagrams
- Producing electrical schematics using AutoCAD Electrical
- Remote commissioning and support
- Panel Testing
Suitable applicants will hold the following skills and experience:
- Qualified in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience in writing control software from scratch
- Experienced programming a variety of PLC & HMI platforms (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Rockwell etc)
- High level of attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office