£33,000 to £36,000 Per Annum
This is a new opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a growing engineering business with multiple manufacturing and support sites across Europe and Asia.
The company is involved in the design, development and manufacture of engineered products that are supplied to both end-users (manufacturing sites) and other OEM’s.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will work within a medium sized team of highly skilled design engineers. Most of the Design Team has been with the business for 6+ years.
This is an office-based role working a 37hr Week.
The company operate a flexitime system with core hours between 9am to 3pm.
Basic salary between £33,000 to £36,000 pa (salary dependent on experience) + Bonus & Benefits.
Typical duties for the Design Engineer will include:
- Designing engineered components, product assemblies and tooling for machinery.
- Full design involvement from initial prototype stages through to final manufacturing.
- The production of 3D Models and 2D Technical Designs.
- Preparing Bill of Materials.
- Work closely with the manufacturing department to ensure products are efficiently produced.
Suitable applicants will hold the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the design of bespoke components and equipment.
- Competent user of 3D CAD Packages such as SolidWorks or Autodesk Inventor.
- At least basic 2D CAD skills.
- An exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.