Design Engineers, Design Managers
£45,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
With 20 years of experience, this specialist engineering firm has been supplying bespoke process solutions and equipment to many of the UK leading Food Manufacturing companies.
They are looking to maximise potential from an already well-respected name within the industry and drive the business to the next level by expanding their product portfolio and market share.
The appointed Design Manager will play an integral part of this growth by improving design functions and correctly inefficiencies, providing leadership and support to a small design team, and developing new products from concept.
Typical duties will include:
- Manage design projects from concept through to production.
- Leading a small design team, ensuring design department KPI's are met.
- Using Solidworks to create 3D models ready for manufacture.
- Supporting the sales team with technical specifications and advice.
- Standardise existing designs and product range.
- Improving and managing vault data/designs.
- The production of 2D and 3D Designs and assembly drawings
- Creating BOM’s (Bill of Materials).
About the Person:
- Qualified to HNC/HND/Degree level in a relevant Mechanical/Design Engineering discipline.
- Experienced in the design of hygiene/stainless steel process plant and equipment such as pipework, storage tanks, valves and vessels.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D
- Strong working knowledge of 3D Cad software such as Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks
- Proven track record of leading people within an engineering capacity.
Salary & Benefits:
- Basic salary between £45,000 - £55,000 pa (dependant on skills and experience)
- Private Healthcare
- Company Pension