Project Engineers, Project Managers, Engineering Management, Project Engineering, Process Engineering, Design Managers, General Management , Operations Management
Engineering Operations Manager
About the Company:
A rapidly growing business that designs, manufactures and supplies process plant and equipment to the Food, Beverage, Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Manufacturing Industries.
Based in the county of Cambridgeshire, it’s a business that invests heavily in product innovation, marketing and people development. They will soon be moving to a much bigger facility to support continued growth and have also created several new positions to meet business objectives, including this Engineering Operations Manager role.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Engineering Operations Manager position is an integral part of the senior management team with oversight for Engineering Design, Process Engineering and Project Management.
The Engineering Operations Manager will support the Managing Director with the strategic management and structuring of the business for the future. You will be tasked with identifying and implementing business strategies to improve productivity, quality, costs, design processes and project delivery methods.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day management of a team of Design, Process and Project Engineers
- Scheduling and monitoring of tasks and projects
- Ensure day-to-day operations and tactical decisions align with business goals
- Set-up Departmental KPIs in conjunction with the Managing Director
- Implement improved operating procedures.
- Standardise design and manufacturing processes where possible
- Streamline operational efficiencies to meet and surpass on-time delivery targets
- Champion and deploy Operational Excellence programs/strategies
- Act as customer technical liaison and primary contact (this role will require frequent travel to customer sites).
- Establish strategic partnerships with clients and sub-contractors
- Providing regular staff performance reviews and set training/development plans
About the Person:
- A degree qualified Engineer who can demonstrate at least 3 year’s experience within a similar Engineering Manager/Operations Manager or Senior Project Manager role.
- Sound technical knowledge of process plant and equipment.
- Results orientated with a proven track record of leading and motivating diverse engineering teams.
- Holds strong Project Management skills
- An excellent communicator and listener
Salary & Benefits:
- An attractive basic salary based on experience
- Car Allowance
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Plus loads more employee benefits