Multi-Skilled Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Maintenance Engineers , Field Service Engineers, Installation & Commissioning
£38,000 to £39,000 Per Annum
Work From Home
Field Service Engineer – Home Based
Base Salary: £38,000 pa - £39,000 pa. On target earnings: £54,000 pa - £60,000 pa
Extensive/Guaranteed Overtime Available at £30 an Hour
Rare opportunity for an Electrically-biased Field Service Engineer to join a genuine leader in its field. This business has an outstanding reputation for providing the Food Manufacturing sector with high quality Capital Equipment and Machinery, backed up a best-in-class After Sales service.
This role offers a diverse set of responsibilities including:
- Routine service visits, planned preventative maintenance, and breakdown resolutions at a wide array of Food production sites;
- Installation and Commissioning of Machinery on customer sites;
- Problem Solving, Fault Finding and Machine Modifications to Food Production equipment at customer sites;
- Build rapport with customers and see commercial opportunities that can be passed onto the Sales Manager or After Sales Manager;
- Opportunities to attend training courses in: Spain, Italy, France, Austria, Germany;
- Work closely and cohesively with existing Field Service Engineers and the After Sales team;
- Equally at home serving the needs of both Major Multi-Site Food Manufacturers and small artisan Food producers;
- Train staff at customer sites, demonstrate how equipment should be operated in accordance with manufacturers standard operating procedures;
- Work with customers advising them how to use the Machinery effectively, increasing Yield and Throughput;
- Understand food technology and how the inappropriate use of ingredients can lead to breakdowns and errors with equipment.
We are seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer with a sold Electrical and Mechanical skillset and 17th/18th Edition. Knowledge of PLC’s (Siemens, Omron, Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley) would benefit an application. Engineers applying for this role may be established Field Service Engineers or perhaps Maintenance Engineers seeking a new challenge ‘on the road’ where they will be meeting different people everyday.
Although the customer-base is mainly South of the West Midlands, the Field Service Engineer may be asked to visit customers across England, and as such a willingness to travel and overnight hotel stays is required.
Salary Package and Requirements:
- £38,000 - £39,000 pa base Salary - Pay review after 6 months
- Expected Annual Earnings £54,000-£60,000 pa
- Guaranteed Overtime to guarantee a certain level of earnings
- Overtime at £30 an hour
- Paid Door-to-Door
- Company Vehicle
- 6% Company Pension Contribution
- Private Healthcare
- Willing to stay away for 1 or 2 nights per week
If you are currently earning a higher basic Salary than this role offers, the Company can Guarantee you Overtime at £30 an hour, to ensure your earnings do not drop. Field Service Engineers working for this Company earn an additional £16,000-£20,000 in Overtime per year. As Engineers are paid door-to-door much of the Overtime is earnt whilst driving.
In terms of where you live in relation to the customers you are visiting, the business is open to people living in a variety of locations across England, as long as you have good access to the Motorway network. Ref: 3392