CAD Design, Engineering Management, Process Engineering, Project Management, Service & Installation
Head of Engineering
Capital Equipment business seeks Head of Engineering.
This progressive engineering firm has been designing, building and supplying high-value capital equipment to the FMCG sectors for over 60 years.
Already one of the leading companies within their field, the business is on a journey to become the recognised market leader. The Head of Engineering will help them achieve this goal by delivering product innovation and world-class engineering standards.
The company has the full backing and strategic support of their parent group, which employs 1000+ people around the World and achieves sales in excess of £1Billion.
More about the Role:
- Reporting to the Managing Director and part of the Senior Management Team.
- Lead multi-disciplined teams across Design, Projects and Manufacturing.
- Responsible for all technical aspect of projects and drawing office activities.
- Ensuring engineering activities are completed within agreed timescales and to budget.
- Offer Technical support and guidance on design and manufacturing problems, as well as issues in the field.
- Implement and manage Key Performance Indicators for the Engineering Departments.
- Responsible for the development of design, manufacturing and project delivery standards.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and industry regulatory requirements.
- Support New Product Innovation and existing plant modifications.
- Act as the single point of contact for customer technical enquiries.
- Assess the development needs of the Engineering department.
- Ensure best in class engineering practices are observed in relation to CE and other regulatory standards.
- Ensure that manufacturing drawings are accurately completed, updated and checked prior to issue, to agreed manufacturing schedule.
- Ensure that technical information, designs and specifications are accurately interpreted.
- Ensure company policies and procedures followed, including Health & Safety Standards.
- Prepare and present monthly performance reports.
The company is offering a very competitive salary and benefits package, which is negotiable and dependent on experience and skills.