Home Based, UK
Key Account Manager
Join an international player in the design, manufacture and supply of innovative machinery solutions to the global Food Manufacturing Industry.
Their pioneering production and packaging machinery has transformed the way some of the World’s most recognisable food products are manufactured.
The Key Account Manager role is a senior position within their European operation with responsibilities split between existing relationship management and the selling of high-value capital equipment.
You will be responsible for the retention, growth and development of sales margins within established accounts and the development of emerging markets.
You will be heavily involved in the specification and tendering for major capital equipment investment projects, ensuring approved projects are delivered in line with customer expectations.
You will look to add additional value to your customers by acting as a long-term technical partner, offering engineering advice and providing solutions that will help improve their productivity and reduced waste.
This will be a customer-facing role covering clients across the UK, Europe and the Middle East. You will need to develop strong relationships at multiple levels of a food manufacturing business from engineering and procurement up to Senior Director/Group management level.
This will be a home-based position with a requirement to travel frequently overseas and to the UK Head Office. However, you will be responsible for managing your own diary with most travel arrangements planned in advanced.
Additional duties will include:
- The development and implementation of sales strategies.
- Accurate sales forecasting and data management.
- Contract negotiations for new equipment, spares and aftersales service.
- Attending customer handover meetings.
- Support marketing activities and attend industry trade shows.
- Responsible for a small team of Sales Engineers.
Suitable applicants will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Significant sales management experience within the Food Machinery sector.
- Competent in the management of an end-user client base.
- Strong technical engineering background.
- Excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills.
Salary & Benefits:
- Fantastic Basic Salary
- Lucrative Bonus Scheme.
- Car Allowance
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Death in Service Insurance
- 33 Days Holiday Allowance (Including Bank Holidays)
- An excellent platform for career development.