£35,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Mechanical Design Engineer
Basic salary between £35,000 to £40,000 pa (salary level depend on experience)
2pm finish on Friday’s
About the role:
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with 3D CAD skills to join an Original Equipment Manufacturer that supplies bespoke machinery to the Food Manufacturing Industry.
It’s a family-owned business that has been operating for nearly 40 years and sells equipment globally to both SME’s and large international food manufacturing groups.
Reporting to the Design Manager, you will work on bespoke machinery designs from initial concept through to completion.
Typical duties will include:
- Design of special-purpose machinery using 3D CAD Package
- Design of components, assemblies and support-frame fabrications
- Design problem solving and calculations
- Preparing proposals and specifications for customer approval
- Bill of Material creation
- Testing designs using FEA simulation software
- Modifying and improving existing designs
Suitable candidates will hold the following skills and experience:
- Ideally, you can demonstrate a background in the design of Food Production machinery, although we will consider other capital equipment design experience
- Proficient in the use of 3D Cad packages such as SolidWorks or Autodesk Inventor
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills