£30,000 to £38,000 Per Annum
+ Bonus & Pension
Capital Equipment business seeks a Mechanical Design Engineer with strong 3D CAD skills.
The Mechanical Design Engineer must hold at least 2 years’ experience in machinery design.
Excellent progression and financial incentives will be offered to the Mechanical Design Engineer.
About the Company:
- An award-winning business with UK manufacturing facilities.
- Suppliers of capital equipment to various manufacturing industries around the world.
- They offer standalone units through to full turnkey project services.
About the Role:
- Part of a team devoted to designing significant modifications to existing machinery range.
- Liaising with Sales and Project teams to interpret customer requirements.
- Utilise various CAD Packages to produce detailed 2D & 3D machinery designs
- The designing, detailing and specifying of equipment.
- Ensure all designs meet expected functionality, serviceability and production costs targets.
- Prepare Bill of Materials (BOM) for the manufacturing team.
- Checking existing designs for potential flaws and recommending improvements.
- Produce costing sheets for proposed designs, parts and assemblies
- Sourcing components and preparing technical drawings for proposals.
About the Person:
- Minimum of 2 years Mechanical Design experience in capital equipment.
- Strong track record in 3D CAD Design.
- Ability to work on their own initiatives and part of a mixed skilled team.
- Holds excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Someone that does not need to be micromanaged and can manage complete design projects.
- £30,000 to £38,000 pa (dependant on experience)
- Performance related Bonus
- Company Pension
Vacancy Ref: 2950