£33,000 to £38,000 Per Annum
Mechanical Design Engineer
Due to unprecedented growth, this innovative engineering firm is expanding it's engineering design team further with the appointment of a new Mechanical Design Engineer with 3D CAD skills. Over the past 2 years, FoodEng have recruited several Design Engineers for this business, all of whom are still with the company and very much enjoying their positions.
Working in a modern open plan office, you will join a friendly and energetic team of engineers responsible for the create detailed designs of bespoke and special purpose machinery for the Food Manufacturing Industry.
The equipment is designed and manufactured on-site in Blackburn, so you will witness your machinery designs being built first-hand and take part in internal projects aimed at improving existing designs and manufacturing processes.
Typical duties for the Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Creating 2D Drawings and 3D Models of high-value capital equipment
- Production of sheet metal designs and detailed assembly drawings
- Preparing machinery documentation and manuals
- Producing Bill of Materials (BOM’s)
- Develop, modify and improve existing drawings
- Liaise directly with the Sales Team, Customers and third-party suppliers
Suitable applicants will hold the following skills and experience:
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD packages such as SolidWorks or Autodesk Inventor
- Experienced in the design of machinery for a manufacturing sector
- Good knowledge of mechanical, sheet metal and fabrication processes
- Excellent attention to detail
Salary & Benefits:
- Basic salary between £33,000 - £38,000 pa (dependent on experience)
- 30 Days Holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Company Pension
- Monday to Thursday – 8am to 4.30pm
- Friday’s – 8am to 1pm