£34,000 to £38,000 Per Annum
Mechanical Design Engineer
To meet strong customer demand, a British Engineering Firm is expanding their design team with the appointment of a new Mechanical Design Engineer.
With nearly 60 years’ experience and sales exceeding £10M, this profitable company designs and manufactures bespoke equipment for the Food Industry.
They are leading innovators within their field, ensuring a substantial percentage of their profits are reinvested in R&D and training. Combine this with strategic partnerships with other Food Machinery suppliers and a global network of distributors, the company is well placed for future growth across domestic and export markets.
About the Role:
- Designing special-purpose machinery from concept to completion.
- The production of 3D CAD Design & Models.
- Creating detailed machine and tooling design drawings.
- New product design, development & testing.
- Preparing Bill of Materials (BOM’s).
- Liaising with Sales, Projects, and Manufacturing teams to ensure designs meet expectations.
- Customer visits to complete site surveys and support project meetings.
- Compliance of design to CE legislations.
About the Person:
- 3D CAD experience is essential.
- Experience in the design of equipment with movable part for the manufacturing industry.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Understanding of Pneumatic components.
- Good appreciation of electrical systems and components within designs.
- Good understanding of manufacturing & fabrication principles.
- Works well within a Team Environment.
- Holds recognised qualifications in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant Design course.
Salary & Benefits:
- Basic salary between £34,000 to £38,000 pa (dependant on experience)
- Bonus Scheme
- Company Pension
- Life Insurance Policy
- Various other employee benefits