£33,000 to £38,000 Per Annum
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Mechanical Design Engineer
This is a permanent position with a growing Engineering company based in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
The business is focused on the design and manufacture of special-purpose machinery for a global market.
It's an exciting opportunity to work with a small, but highly skilled team of engineers and support complex machinery design projects.
Basic salary between £33,000 to £38,000 pa + Benefits.
Typical duties for the Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Design of bespoke machinery from initial concept through to manufacture
- Create 3D models and produce 2D drawings for in-house manufacturing
- Produce Bill of Materials (BOMs)
- Supporting/leading R&D Projects
- Liaising directly with customers and suppliers
- Experienced in the design of machinery/equipment with movable parts
- proficient with 3D CAD packages such as SolidWorks or Autodesk Inventor
- Good knowledge of mechanical, sheet metal and fabrication processes
- Excellent attention to detail