Mechanical Design Engineer
With a strong presence in the UK and an expanding international customer base, this family-owned engineering firm manufacturers advanced material handling systems and food processing equipment.
The company employs a committed team of 170+ engineering and technical support professionals, who have all contributed to significant growth over the past few years, resulting in annual sales exceeding £18M and allowing the owners to invest in a brand-new purpose-built manufacturing facility to cope with increased production demand.
Due to continued expansion, they have an opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join a relaxed and friendly design team, who are focused on delivering excellent design & manufacturing standards.
Typical duties will include:
- Create technical drawings for the fabrication of bespoke equipment.
- 3D Modelling
- Preparing BOM’s (bill of materials)
- for each design.
- Specifying of Equipment
- Update and improve existing equipment designs.
- Site surveys
- Work closely with the Workshop and Manufacturing teams.
- Offer technical/design support to sales and project managers.
About the Person:
- 3D CAD experience is essential (ideally in SolidWorks or Autodesk Inventor).
- Experience in the design of capital equipment for the manufacturing industry.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Works well within a Team Environment.
- Holds recognised qualifications in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant Design course.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Based Salary (Dependent on experience)
- Paid Overtime
- Company Pension