£42,000 Per Annum
Mechanical Design Engineer
Basic salary up to £42,000 pa + Benefits
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join a progressive engineering business that specialises in the design and manufacture of bespoke machinery for high-speed manufacturing sectors. This is an exciting opportunity to work on challenging and rewarding projects, with excellent prospects for personal and professional development.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer within this business, you will be responsible for:
- Designing special-purpose machinery from initial concept through to manufacture.
- Creating 3D models and producing 2D drawings for in-house manufacturing.
- Producing Bill of Materials (BOMs).
- Providing technical design support to the manufacturing team.
- Supporting R&D projects.
- Liaising directly with customers and suppliers.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Proven experience in the design of machinery or equipment with movable parts.
- Proficiency in the use of 3D CAD packages such as SolidWorks or Autodesk Inventor.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work to high standards.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with internal and external clients.
In return for your skills and expertise, the company is offering a basic salary of up to £42,000 pa plus benefits, hybrid working (WFH 2 days per week), and ample opportunities for further skills development and career progression.
If you are a highly motivated and skilled Mechanical Design Engineer with a passion for delivering exceptional results, we encourage you to apply today.