Engineering Management, Design Engineers, Design Managers
£40,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
Bristol, Avon, South West
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Bristol, Avon, South West
Salary circa £40,000 pa - £55,000 pa
The organisation assists manufacturing businesses to utilise robotics and automation to improve efficiency and quality, eliminate errors and variability and reduce manufacturing costs. Their systems bring together advanced technology, machine learning and human machine interface to create intelligent robotic automation that solves complex production challenges.
Currently looking for an Engineering Manager with strong Mechanical skills to ensure current and future projects are delivered on time.
What You Will Do:
- Manage a cross-functional Engineering team consisting of: Mechanical Design, Electrical Controls, Electrical Design, and Software Engineering.
- Bench build and test, co-ordinating the duties of the Engineering team, support Factory Acceptance Tests and installs at customer sites and be involved with Site Acceptance Tests prior to sign off.
- Participate in site surveys, automation feasibility studies, material selection, set technical standards and design guidelines, advise customers on opportunities to implement automation.
- Ensure Engineering skills and resources are available to Project Managers to allow them to complete projects on time and to budget delivering solutions to real world customer problems.
- Develop specification drawings and documentation for procurement activities with external suppliers, conducting vendor management due diligence on suppliers prior to order placement.
- Liaise with departments to ensure all specification and design documentation has been captured and communicated to the Project Managers to ensure deliverables meet project scope.
- Generate ideas and conceptual models for bespoke solutions to address automation needs.Collaborate with and support the Commercial team on incoming sales enquiries, adding technical input to proposals, remote customer meetings, and understanding what the customer wants.
- Mechanical design of assemblies and component parts, detailed design and parts list for prototype and final solution, using 3D design packages to develop detailed engineering drawings.
- A dedication to work with Project Managers and other stakeholders to ensure project deadlines are met within time and resource constraints.
What You Will Bring:
- Background in Robotics, Process Automation, Product Development and Manufacturing.
- Mechanical Engineering experience gained within Food, Pharmaceutical, FMCG or Defence.
- Excellent Project Management, analytical, problem solving, communication and organisation skills.
- Experience of using 3D Design packages such as Solidworks, Creo, Inventor.
- Degree educated within: Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic or Engineering Management.
- Will be at an early stage of your Management career with between 1 - 5 years’ experience of managing a multi-disciplined team of Mechanical Design Engineers, Controls Engineers and Software Engineers.
- Experience of working with robotics including industrial robot selection, risk assessments and End of Arm Tooling design (mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical).
- Experience of designing and specifying robotic ancillaries such as conveyors, collators, control systems, guarding, tooling and mounts.
- Experience of carrying out site surveys, assessing automation feasibility requirements and compiling detail reports.Have a hands-on approach to management and problem solving, able to visit customer sites when necessary.
£40,000 pa - £55,000 pa - Annual Salary and Package negotiable based on experience. Ref 3114a