Multi-Skilled Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Maintenance Engineers
£42,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Salary £42,000 pa - £45,000 pa + Pension + Benefits
A leading supplier of short shelf-life foods supplied to Retail and Foodservice customers is seeking to appoint a talented Multi-Skilled Engineer (Electrical) who will provide a high standard of engineering service including the maintenance of plant, machinery and services in a safe and reliable standard, supporting the site in achieving its goals and objectives.
Day Shift: Sunday to Thursday (Friday and Saturday off)
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the Engineer appointed will be required to maintain plant efficiencies and uptime, and interact with operations, technical and production teams on a daily basis. The role will be split into two core tasks, firstly maintenance of the plant and systems and secondly the development of the plant in terms of maximising equipment performance and yield.
Typical duties of the role will include:
- Planning of Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Carrying out Planned and Preventative Maintenance work (Electrical and Mechanical).
- Fault Finding across both Electrical and Mechanical plant and eliminating cause of issues.
- Assist the Facilities team with industrial boiler, refrigeration and fabric of the building.
- Ensure external contractors conform to Health & Safety legislation and Company policies.
- Work to deliver on a range of Key Performance Indicators, including cost, time, damage, defects, downtime, PM completion rate, and quality.
- Get involved with Continuous Improvement activities aimed at improving machine utilisation and Factory performance.
- Communicate with Engineering stores to ensure the availability of parts required for routine maintenance and breakdowns.
Applicants should have experience of repairing some of the following equipment:
- Flow-wrappers (including conveyors, motors, sensors etc).
- Automatic Vertical weigher-bagging lines.
- General knowledge on fault finding on single-phase and 3-phase elements and equipment (electrical panels – circuits, inverters etc.).
- PLC fault finding experience would be an advantage.
This role may be ideally suited to an Engineer who has worked for a large FMCG / Food manufacturer, who understands how to maximise efficiencies on plant and systems. Engineers applying should be Electrically biased and will need experience of maintaining both Electrical and Mechanical elements. Applicants should be time served Engineers, with good levels of multi-skilling. They should hold HNC level qualifications (Electrical). A passion for challenging norms and an enquiring mind is also expected. Ref: 3387
Based in Warwickshire this vacancy is commutable from: Alcester, Coventry, Bedworth, Rugby, Daventry, Chipping Norton, Enstone, Stratford-upon-Avon, Leamington Spa, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Droitwich, Evesham, Pershore.