Engineering Management, Project Engineering, Design Managers, General Management , Operations Management
Operations Director - Capital Equipment Business
About the Company:
A rapidly growing company that designs, manufactures and supplies high-value capital equipment. With a history stretching back more than 60 years, they are recognised as market leaders in their field and a supplier of World Class equipment. They can demonstrate a global presence with over 580 bespoke machinery installations across 35 countries.
Based in the North West, it’s a business that invests heavily in product innovation, marketing and people development. They will soon be moving to a much bigger facility to support continued growth and have also created several new positions to meet business objectives, including the Operations Director role.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Operations Director position is an integral part of the senior management team with 4 direct reports (Heads of Departments) and oversight for Engineering, Design, Manufacturing, Projects and Aftermarket/Service functions.
The Operations Director will support the Managing Director with the strategic management and structuring of the business for the future. You will be tasked with identifying and implementing business strategies to improve machinery quality, reduce costs, manufacturing output/build lead times, aftermarket care and profitability.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling and monitoring of tasks and projects
- Ensure day-to-day operations and tactical decisions align with business goals
- Set-up Departmental KPIs in conjunction with the Managing Director
- Implement improved operating procedures for design, manufacturing project delivery and aftermarket support, whilst also reducing costs.
- Standardise design and manufacturing processes where possible
- Streamline operational efficiencies to meet and surpass on-time delivery targets
- Champion and deploy Operational Excellence programs/strategies
- Act as customer technical liaison and primary contact
- Establish strategic partnerships with clients and sub-contractors
- Providing regular staff performance reviews and set training/development plans
About the Person:
- A degree qualified Engineer who can demonstrate at least 5 year’s experience in high-value capital equipment
- Results orientated with a proven track record of leading and motivating diverse engineering teams.
- Holds strong Project Management skills
- An excellent communicator and listener
Salary & Benefits:
- A very competitive basic salary based on experience
- Substantial bonus scheme linked to company performance
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Plus loads more employee benefits