Project Engineers, Project Managers, Project Engineering, Process Engineering
£35,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
With a global turnover exceeding £150Million, this pioneering engineering business has supported multiple manufacturing industries for over 30 years.
Due to significant year-on-year growth, the business is expanding and looking to appoint several key engineering positions, including a new Project Engineer. They can offer you the opportunity to be part of a highly skilled and friendly engineering team with excellent resources available to them, as well as fantastic career development prospects.
The appointed Project Engineer will be responsible for projects worth up to 1Million Pounds, mainly related to existing plant upgrades and refurbishments, with some small new installation projects.
This role will be 70% Office Based / 30% On-Site Activities (International Travel).
Typical Duties will include:
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Developing project scopes, managing schedules, and controlling budgets;
- Maintain productive relationships with equipment Suppliers and fabrications
- Ensuring equipment build meets required specifications
- Obtaining quotes from fabricators and contractors
- Prepare specifications, flow sheets, P&IDs, Layouts and Functional Design Specifications;
- Obtaining quotes and negotiating competitive pricing for fabrication;
- Responsible for the design, selection and purchasing of third-party equipment such as pumps, valve and instrumentation;
- Assist in pre-commissioning, commissioning, operator training and handover to the client;
- Supporting Senior Project Managers on lager projects;
To be considered for this position, you must hold the following skills and experience:
- At least 12 months experience delivering engineering projects within a Food Processing, Speciality Chemicals, Agri-Chemicals, Oil & Gas or Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing environment;
- Recognised qualifications in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering;
- Ability to check and markup engineering drawings;
- Good communications skills;
- Good planning and organisation skills;
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access);
Salary & Benefits:
- Basic salary between £35,000 to £45,000 pa (dependent on experience);
- Company Bonus;
- Competitive Pension Scheme;
- Additional company benefits;