Project Engineers, Project Managers, Project Engineering, Process Engineering
£45,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
With a global turnover exceeding £150Million, this pioneering engineering business has supported multiple manufacturing industries for over 30 years.
Due to significant year-on-year growth, the business is expanding and looking to appoint several key engineering positions, including a new Project Manager.
They can offer you the opportunity to be part of a highly skilled and friendly engineering team with excellent resources available to them, as well as fantastic career development prospects.
Within this role, you will Project Manage the design, build, fabrication, installation, and commissioning of new process equipment. These will be multi-million-pound projects that can vary in timescale from 1-3 years and are delivered globally.
Other duties for the Project Manager will include:
- Developing project scopes, managing schedules, and controlling budgets;
- Following Project Management best practices;
- Lead Project Kick-Off and Handover Meetings;
- Managing risk throughout the project lifecycle;
- Prepare specifications, flow sheets, P&IDs, Layouts and Functional Design Specifications;
- Coordinating multi-disciplined engineering teams;
- Managing all external resources, including vendors, OEMs, fabricators and contractors;
- Obtaining quotes and negotiating competitive pricing for fabrication;
- Responsible for the design, selection and purchasing of third-party equipment such as pumps, valves and instrumentation;
- Interface with other disciplines – EC&I, Mechanical, Piping, Layout, Civil & Structural;
- Assist in pre-commissioning, commissioning, operator training and handover to the client;
To be considered for this position, you must hold the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 Years experience delivering capital equipment projects within a Food Processing, Speciality Chemicals, Agri-Chemicals, Oil & Gas or Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing environment;
- Recognised qualifications in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering;
- Ability to check and markup engineering drawings;
- Good communications skills;
- Task and results-oriented;
- Good planning and organisation skills;
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc);
- A strong team motivator/leader;
Travel Commitments & Place of Work:
- Due to office commitments, you must live within a commutable distance from Hull, East Yorkshire.
- You should expect to be working away from home at least 30% of the time (project trips can be anywhere from 1 week up to 8 weeks away from home).
Salary & Benefits:
- Basic salary between £45,000 - £55,000 pa (dependent on experience);
- Company Bonus;
- Competitive Pension Scheme;
- Plus additional company benefits;