Project Engineers, Project Managers, Installation & Commissioning, Project Engineering
£45,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
The Project Manager will be responsible for the installation of capital equipment on Food Manufacturing sites across the UK. Projects will vary in size and can range from a single unit through to full lines for large blue-chip companies.
You can be Home-Based anywhere in the UK, but you must be flexible to travel and work away from home during installation phases. Site installations can take up to 2 weeks, but this does not mean you will be working away from home for the full period.
This role is with a UK Engineering business that has been supplying advanced equipment to the Food Manufacturing industry for over 30 years. They are considered pioneers within their particular machinery range and have been awarded for product innovations and business growth.
One of the biggest advantages of working for this company is the freedom to bring about change and make a difference that can be seen throughout the business. The Senior Management Team are always willing to take on-board new ideas and committed to investing in their employee’s continued development.
The job title for this type of role varies and may be considered as an Installations Manager, Installations Supervisor, Contracts Manager or similar within other companies.
Typical duties will include:
- Manage the installation of Capital Equipment on customer sites
- Supervise and coordinate sub-contractor teams
- Ensure installations are carried out safely, on time and within budget
- Ensure all site rules and Health & Safety standards are observed during installations
- Carry out site inspections to check works are being carried out safely and to plan
- Inspect assembled equipment to ensure proper installation
- Carry out Pre-Installation and Post-Installation checks to identify potential issues
- Prepare detailed installation reports for all on-site activities and recommended actions
Suitable applicants will hold the following skills and experience:
- A solid background in managing/supervising machinery installation projects
- Food Industry experience is not essential
- Ability to communicate with project stakeholders and direct teams
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Good report writing skills
- Sound Health & Safety knowledge
Salary & Benefits:
- Basic salary between £45,000 to £55,000 pa (salary level dependent on experience)
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Bonus Scheme (Based on company performance)
- Competitive Pension Scheme