Production Management, Machinery Build & Assembly, Welding & Fabrication, Engineering Planning, Asset Care, Operations Management
£38,000 to £40,000 Per Annum
Quality Engineer - £40,000 pa - Lancashire
A leading supplier of Industrial Machinery are seeking to appoint a Quality Engineer to join a highly-skilled team. This business is considered one of the leaders within their Engineering speciality and are committed to product development and the supply of innovative solutions. The Quality Engineer will develop and assure the technical excellence of machinery supplied to fast-moving, high-volume Manufacturing customers.
- Provide first line investigation on quality concerns raised both internally and externally and be the first point of contact for customer machinery quality queries.
- Root cause analysis, inspections and investigations into machine non-conformance, using Lean methodologies.
- Understand and improve QA systems and ‘engineer in’ machine improvements.Capture and analyse factual data, to enable quality improvements in design and fabrication.
- Work closely with Customers, Sub-Contractors, Fabricators, Design Teams and third-party suppliers to ensure Specifications and Quality Standards are met.
- Read drawings to ensure information on engineering drawings is accurate.
- Review warranty claims to ensure their legitimacy.Introduce improved methods of inspection, welding and fabrication to quality procedures.
- Maintain Engineering Quality standards by conducting Engineering team training.
- Manage, maintain and update Quality manuals and systems.
To be considered for this role it is expected you will have a minimum of 2 years of Quality and Inspection experience within an Engineering Environment. Due to the nature of the role and company, previous experience gained as a Fabricator / Welder / Plater will assist your application. The Quality Engineer should possess an understanding of Fabrication Processes and Welding Symbols and be able to interpret Engineering drawings. An appreciation of Lean Manufacturing and its application to Engineering processes would also be beneficial. Ref 3225
Salary: £40,000 pa + Bonus + Pension + Gym Membership + Quarterly Social Events + Life Assurance
This role is commutable from: Bury, Bolton, Blackburn, Preston, Chorley, Accrington, Great Harwood, Clitheroe, Burnley, Rochdale, Nelson.