Sales Engineers, Sales Managers
Home-Based - Midlands
One of the UK’s leading suppliers of Capital Equipment to the Food Manufacturing industry is recruiting a Regional Sales Manager to support and develop customers across the Midlands area.
With an excellent brand name, they have already secured a 25% share of the UK market in their product range. They make significant investments each year in R&D, and with a strong network of aftersales service engineers, they intend to continue growing.
The appointed Regional Sales Manager will be home-based and expected to be on the road visiting customers 3-4 days per week (travel restrictions permitting). You can expect to be home most evenings.
You will management a sales region worth between £1M – £2M per year (project depending) with order values ranging from £10K up to £500K.
Typical duties will include:
- Take a leading role in promoting the company's brand, products and services.
- Set up and manage meetings with a broad range of Food Manufacturing clients.
- Develop sales strategies to achieve profitable market growth across your region.
- Maximise profit margins, whilst ensuring the business maintains competitive.
- Prepare quotes and sales proposals for customers to agreed timeframes and following up on those quotations to convert them to confirmed sales orders.
- Take ownership of all aspects of the customers sales enquiry, whether it will be relating to price negotiation, contract, technical issues, delivery dates, or installation.
- Keep internal databases updated with the latest sales and customer information and be aware of competitor activities.
- Showcase machinery range at industry trade shows and exhibitions.
- Deliver a consultative and technical sales approach to identify suitable machinery solutions that resolve customer problems.
- Promote aftercare service contracts.
- Keep abreast of technological developments in the industry.
About the Person:
You must hold at least 2 years of experience selling equipment to the Food Manufacturing Industry such as Packaging Machinery, Inspection Systems, Weighing Technology or Print/Labelling equipment.
You do not need to be a qualified engineer but should have a technical mindset with the ability to review manufacturing processes and identify suitable machinery applications for the customer.
Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills is a must. You should also be confident developing strong relationship at all levels of a business.
This is a genuine opportunity to progress your career with a progressive and profitable business and a leader in their field.
To ensure easy coverage/access to customers, you should live in the Midlands or willing to relocate to the area.
Salary & Benefit:
This position offers fantastic earning potential.
- Competitive Basic Salary.
- Uncapped Commission (based on sales order value)
- Company Car
- Company Pension