The appointed Sales Director will drive business growth for high-value Capital Equipment sold to the 2pc Beverage Can Making Industry (Metal Packaging).
About the Role:
As Sales Director, it will be your responsibility to nurture and extend a diverse network of key contacts across the Global Can Making Industry. This is a key role in the Senior Management Team, where you will lead sales activities across multinational Key Accounts and source new clients.
Typical Duties will include:
- Implement mid and long-term sales and marketing strategies to drive profitable growth.
- Liaise between Customers, Projects and Manufacturing functions to ensure machinery meets expected applications and projects are delivered on time.
- Gather market intelligence to ensure the business can adapt and react to trends and customer requirements.
- Meet and exceed assigned targets for profitable sales.
- Manage negotiations at various customer levels and particularly at top management levels.
- Manage the Tender/Bid processes.
- Improve internal sales support systems and procedures.
- Prepare and submit monthly sales reports.
- Manage national and international trade shows and events.
About the Person:
- Working knowledge of the Can Making / Metal Packaging Industry
- Holds a network of contacts and key decision makers within the Can making Industry.
- Previous experience selling equipment/machinery to the manufacturing industry.
- Experienced managing sales strategies to gain market share and explore new market opportunities.
- Possess excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to forecast, budget and devise and execute commercial plans.
- Highly motivated, goal-oriented and process driven.
You can live anywhere in the UK, but you must be flexible to travel internationally.
Salary & Benefits:
- Fantastic Basic Salary
- Performance-Based Bonus Scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Company Pension
Key Words: Canmaking, Can Making, Two-Piece Can, Two-Piece Cans, Two Piece Can, 2 Piece Can, Beverage Cans, Metal Packaging