Sales Engineers, Sales Managers, Application Engineers
£40,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
Bonus, Car Allowance
Sales Engineer / Manager
£40,000 pa - £45,000 pa + £6000 Car Allowance + Bonus + Pension + 25 Days Holiday
A successful Engineering and Manufacturing business that utilises advanced process technology in the design, build and installation of Capital Equipment used by the Food Manufacturing industry around the World.
Monday to Friday Days (2pm Finish on Friday)
Reporting to Director level, the Sales Engineer / Manager will take responsibility for customer interaction and generation of profitable sales with both new and existing customers. The Sales Engineer / Manager is likely to spend 2 days per week visiting customers across the UK with 3 days spent on site, working with the Engineering project teams, Commercial team and Manufacturing. There will also be the opportunity to visit Customers and Agents Globally in places like America, South Africa, Far East, Europe. There are likely to be 8 – 10 Overseas business trips per year.
With passion for sales and an enthusiastic approach, the Sales Engineer / Manager will liaise with customers on a Global level and professionally handle incoming email and telephone enquiries. They will maintain strong relationships with existing customers and look to convert previous machinery customers that may have sourced machines through alternative suppliers. The Sales Engineer / Manager will also be targeted on the conversion of new customers as there is massive untapped sales opportunity to develop business with new customers in multiple territories.
There is an expectation that after a number of years the individual appointed will develop into the Sales Director for the business, and in readiness for this, the Sales Engineer / Manager will get involved with operational meetings at Board level, where they will be expected to contribute Commercial information and discuss how sales strategies implemented are progressing across various global markets.
Typical Duties will include
- Taking ownership of all aspects of the customers sales enquiry, whether it will be relating to price negotiation, contract, technical issues, delivery dates, installation.
- Preparing quotes and specifications for customers to agreed timeframes, and following up on those quotations to convert them to confirmed sales orders.
- Referencing machinery manuals and referring to schematic drawings to specify, detail and sell the machines to meet the needs of the customer.
- Providing accurately defined projects, fully costed to produce the expected profit margin for the business.
- Ensuring any proposed delivery dates are realistic and can be met by the business.
- Keeping internal databases updated with the latest sales and customer information and be aware of the activities of competitors.
We are seeking applications from individuals with Engineering backgrounds combined with determination, drive and tenacity to follow the sales process through from enquiry to confirmed order.
This is a genuine opportunity to progress your career with a progressive profitable business and a leader in their field, who can offer a pathway to Sales Director level for the right candidate.
This vacancy is commutable from: Leeds, Bradford, Headingley, Guisley, Otley, Baildon, Ilkley, Cleckheaton, Halifax, Keighley, Harrogate, Wetherby, Burnley, Skipton, Clitheroe, Sowerby Bridge, Huddersfield, Brighouse, Hebden Bridge.
Vacancy Ref: 3106