Controls & Automation, Sales Engineers, Sales Managers
£35,000 to £50,000 Per Annum
Salary £35,000 pa - £50,000 pa
For many years this organisation has been assisting manufacturing businesses to utilise robotics and automation to improve efficiency. Their systems and process machinery brings together advanced technology, machine learning, and human machine interface to create intelligent robotic automation that solves complex production challenges.
The Sales Manager will have a direct impact on the growth of the business and will play a critical role in executing the Sales strategy. The Sales Manager appointed will understand the complexities of the sales cycle in the Automation and Robotics space and will use their relationships to seek out and deliver profitable sales growth in key markets such as Food & FMCG Manufacturing. Joining a team who are passionate about Technology, the individual appointed will inspire a high-performance culture and will have a proven track record in the sale of industrial automation products and services.
Working as part of the Sales and Commercial team, the Sales Manager will develop customer and market insights, translate insights into commercial opportunities, develop new and existing business and manage customer relationships across industrial sectors, Food & Drink, FMCG, Consumer Products. Using your understanding of the marketplace, the jobholder will identify and connect with key executives and decision-makers, and clearly explain the value proposition offered by the business. With existing customers, the jobholder will deepen relationships throughout the customer lifecycle resulting in further commercial opportunity for the business.
- Consult on the scope of automation potential, including assessment both form a customer, business and technical standpoint.
- Keep abreast of technological developments in the robotics and automation field.
- Ensure high levels of customer care, acting as the link between the customer and Technology implementation teams.
- Work closely with automation experts and machine designers.
- Take a leading role in promoting the company's brand, products and services.
- Utilise analytical skills to demonstrate to customers the business case for automation projects, considering financial pay back, efficiency gain and project costs versus business benefits.
- Graduate or post-graduate qualification in a related Technology or Engineering field and 2+ years’ experience in a Sales or Commercial role.
- Ability to partner with external technology stakeholders in building and presenting a high-quality proposal based on customer needs.
- Experience with automation and robotics and an understanding and/or interest in technology, manufacturing, engineering, sales and entrepreneurship.
- Proven ability to build and maintain commercially fruitful relationships with C-level executives, and influence decision-making at a senior level.
- An understanding of PLC, HMI, Robotics, Servos, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems would benefit an application.
- Familiarisation with Omron, Allen Bradley, Siemens, and robotic systems from ABB, Fanuc, or Kuka would also assist.
- Excellent leadership, communication and collaboration skills.
Based in the South West, this role will include extensive UK travel and on occasion Overseas travel. The Salary for the role is £35,000 pa - £50,000 pa dependent on level of relevant experience + Bonus + Benefits. Ref 3111.