Engineering Management, Installation & Commissioning, General Management , Operations Management
With annual sales exceeding £50Million, this business is a leading supplier of high-value capital equipment for various manufacturing industries.
About the role:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Service Director will have global responsibility for all Installation, Commissioning and Aftermarket Service activities.
You will be tasked with setting up an international service network (encompasses local engineering support) and developing a strengthened portfolio of products fitting to customer needs.
The Service Director will be responsible for a team of 20+ people, including a Service Manager and multi-disciplined engineers across different countries.
It will be a home-based position with frequent international travel.
Other duties will include:
- Setting and achieving goals in line with overall company objectives.
- Working with sales to develop long term service contracts, whilst remaining focused on improved customer relations and profitability.
- Ensure enhanced customer satisfaction through the delivery of World-Class training programs for existing and new service employees.
- Leading strategic initiatives to identify growth potential and introduce new revenue streams.
- Visiting customers sites around the world to offer technical assistance and maintain/improve relationships.
- Improving technical expertise across the wider group.
About the Person:
- Must have a background in the management of engineering service functions for high-value capital equipment.
- Has a proven track record establishing and managing international service support networks.
- An excellent leader and motivator.
- Qualified to Degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- You can live anywhere in Europe, but you must be flexible to travel internationally.
Salary & Benefits:
- Fantastic Basic Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Plus additional company benefits