Engineering Management, Field Service Engineers, General Management
£55,000 Per Annum
A supplier of capital equipment to the global FMCG Manufacturing Industry is seeking an experienced Service Manager.
About the Role:
As Head of the Service Department, the appointed Service Manager will take full responsibility for the management and coordination of engineers charged with the delivery of machinery installation, commissioning and aftersales service care.
The Service Manager will act as the technical link between multinational customers and the company, resolving any issues and ensuring work is completed on time, within budget and to the expected quality standards.
Reporting directly to the Management Director, the Service Manager will play a vital role in the company achieving its commercial objectives by seeking cost savings opportunities, meeting financial targets, and identifying additional revenue streams.
Other duties will include:
- Organising work for Service Engineers and subcontractors.
- Manage and motive a team of 7 Service Engineers and Office Staff.
- Identify training requirements and promoting best practice processes.
- Encouraging improved employee engagement.
- Day to day management of machinery spares and sales.
- Project manage small machinery upgrades/overhauls.
- Maximise customer satisfaction, service efficiency and profitability.
- Monitor productivity to ensure achievement of set KPI's.
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, invoicing and quotations.
- Implement competitive and profitable customer care service plans.
- Attending daily and weekly management meetings.
- Ensure engineers work to Health and Safety guidelines.
About the Person:
- Qualified in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Experienced managing an Engineering Service Team for a Capital Equipment business.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to manage and motivate strong characters.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong service planning and resource management experience.
- A proven ability to meet agreed KPI’s and financial targets.
Salary & Benefits:
- Basic salary up to £55,000pa (Dependent On Experience)
- Bonus Scheme - Worth up to 10% of base salary.
- Company Pension
- Additional Company Benefits.