Engineering Management, Field Service Engineers, General Management , Operations Management
This is a newly created role within a supplier of process equipment and engineering services to the UK Food & Drink Manufacturing Industry.
About the Role:
As Head of Service, you will take full responsibility for the management and coordination of engineers charged with the delivery of equipment installation, commissioning and aftersales service care. You will act as the technical link between customers and the company, resolving any issues and ensuring work is completed on time, within budget and to the expected quality standards.
Reporting directly to the Management Director, You will play a vital role in the company achieving its commercial objectives by seeking cost savings opportunities, meeting financial targets, and identifying additional revenue streams.
Other duties for the Service Manager will include:
- Organising work for Service Engineers and subcontractors
- Manage and motive a team of Service Support Engineers and Office Staff
- Identify training requirements and promoting best practice processes
- Encouraging improved employee engagement
- Maximise customer satisfaction, service efficiency and profitability
- Monitor productivity to ensure achievement of set KPI's
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, invoicing and quotations
- Maximise service revenues through the promotion of service care plans and spare part sales.
- Develop critical spares lists for core product range
- Attending daily and weekly management meetings
- Ensure engineers work to Health and Safety guidelines
Suitable applicants will hold the following skills and experience:
- Qualified in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Experience leading a Service Team for a relevant engineering business
- Excellent people skills with the ability to manage and motivate strong characters
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong service planning and resource management experience
- A proven ability to meet agreed KPI’s and financial targets
Salary & Benefits:
- Attractive Basic Salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Car Allowance
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Fantastic opportunities for further progression